Wednesday 3 March 2010

Cannop Ponds

Had my new camera arrive today, Canon eos 7d, so I paid a visit to Cannop Ponds for an hour to put it through its paces. The sky went grey and the sun vanished, but it came back out and the sky turned blue as I left. Typical!
Never mind, will give me an excuse to do it again tomorrow, if the weather lets me that is.

Here are some pics from the grey day. I need help identifying a duck please, if anyone can help?

Reed Bunting
Robin
Long Tailed Tit

This is the duck I need identifying please.

Mandarin (male)


Rob

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new camera, the pictures are beautifully made. A lot of light on a gray day.
    Unfortunately I can not even tell you what it is for a duck. Perhaps a hybrid, but she is very attractive.

    liebe Grüße
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Isabella,

    I still haven't had any luck identifying it either. Hopefully someone will be able to let me know soon?

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, how about you, I opened mine today. 7D is in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Bob, and a wise choice. Will be camera of the year, I'm sure of it.

    PS: Any idea what the duck is in my pic?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a Khaki Campbell or something, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, your right Bob. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete