Tuesday 23 August 2011

Mutilated Fox!

"IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED AND DON'T LIKE LOOKING AT DEAD ANIMALS, PLEASE DO NOT VIEW THE IMAGES BELOW!"



Hopefully someone can help me with what I found the other day. I came across a dead fox in a layby. I have seen many dead foxes and this didn't shock me, but I have never seen one, which had had its tail brush and ears removed.
The fox had been neatly scalped with a sharp knife, removing both ears completely along with a large part of the scalp and the tail brush was removed at the base, leaving the fully intact tail bone. Indicating that this was not done by an animal.

Here are the pics. It was dark so excuse the quality.

"Again - if you are easily offended, please do not scroll down."









If anyone has seen this before or knows why someone has done this, please let me know thanks.
I suspect this is someone who thinks they can use the ears and tail as a trophy of some kind, but that is just a guess.

Rob

1 comment:

  1. I know.
    If you ever were privileged enough to go riding with foxhounds this is what they do. One has to be blooded by the brush and can keep an ear. Tis are landed gentry at work. They are getting a wee bit too confident in their Hoorays and After the wee brown buggers. They do have to be controlled. Lets not mince words or beat about the brush..........Killed or as they say now culled.
    Our prime minister hasn't the wit to control a horse nor the bottle to kill a fox.
    Years ago they would have fed it to hounds but now the city dwellers that have taken over the country object to the smell of hounds fed on fresh meat.
    That is my explanation.

    ReplyDelete